Tangerines have to be one of nature’s greatest treats. This deliciously refreshing citrus fruit is not only packed with flavour, it’s also full of healthy nutrients such as fiber, potassium, and as everyone knows, vitamin C. Considering that they’re smaller and easier to peel than navel oranges, it’s not surprising that many people eat tangerines every day!
Many people also seem to forget how versatile they are. While they’re great on their own, tangerines can also be used in all kinds of dishes, such as chicken salad, vanilla pudding, salsa (great on fish tacos!), and cream pie.
But instead of buying tangerine oranges at the supermarket all the time, why not grow them at home? An endless supply of pesticide-free tangerines… who doesn’t want that? While growing them at home may seem obvious, it’s something that few of us ever really consider probably because we think it’s too difficult. Well, as it turns out, it’s not. Here’s how…
Grow Your Own Tangerines!
- Use a medium-size flowerpot with drainage holes at the bottom
- Add a layer of small stones at the bottom of the flowerpot and then add organic soil
- Sow the tangerine seeds, covering them well but do not press them too firmly into the soil
- Place the flowerpot in a sunny area
- Occasionally add a fertilizer rich in zinc, magnesium, and iron
- Water the tangerines whenever the soil is dry to an inch deep and cut away any withered or broken branches
- Enjoy your tangerines, being gentle when you pick them!
That’s it! With some tender love and care, you have yourself an endless supply of home-grown pesticide-free tangerines. I just wish I did this earlier!